What pursuits in our life are so important that we are willing to make mistakes in order to accomplish it?
- Parenting. It is one of the greatest adventures in life that one can ever have the privilege of experiencing. However, word to the wise: everyday is an opportunity for mistakes and failures.
- Marriage. Whenever you get two imperfect people together, mistakes happen. If you think you’re not imperfect, that was at least your first mistake.
- Career. You can be a master operator at whatever it is that you’ve pursued as a life career. But the humble understand that mistakes can happen at any moment.
- New Ventures. New pursuits are awesome, thrilling, exhilarating, life changing, life challenging, scary, crazy and will shake you to your very core. And that doesn’t include what will happen on your second day…
- Blogging. I know, but even though I have decades of journaling and blogging in my past, I still mess up posting schedules, spelling, grammar…and making sense.
Obviously there are many more pursuits that we could list here. These are just four general areas that most of us experience along the way. Here’s the point: often the difference between success and failure after our mistakes depends on how hard we make it for ourselves to give up.
When was the last time you gave up on a life pursuit that you wish you hadn’t?